The Meteorological Training Institute of the South African Weather Service aims to deliver quality training and is always on the lookout for the need to build strong partnerships with relevant educational institutions, farmers, aviation, other government departments, WMO and other international meteorological institutions. The Meteorological Training Institute has since been recognised, as of May 2011, as a WMO Regional Training
Provide weather observer (WMO meteorological technician “equivalent”), post graduate meteorological training focusing on forecaster training, as well as short to medium term courses to enhance skills
To be the foremost provider of excellent meteorological training and library services for Southern Africa and beyond.
- Quality - deliver people that can do the job
- Excellence - exceeding expectations
- Professionalism - conduct with ethics
- Integrity - honesty and accountability
- Recognition - registration, certification, to be known as a world class institute